Maze Solo

Started by nykx17, May 05, 2009, 11:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nykx17

Now I have the enitre song down for the most part. But the peak solo at the end for some reason I can't get.  I've tried doing it by ear, tried doing it by tab but for some reason I can't hit that one note, which according to all the tab is a bend on the high E string at the 20th fret or a bend on the highest C on a 22 fret guitar. Can anyone help with this? Is he using a pinched harmonic? How high is bending the note? Do you know what note he is bending it up too? Many thanks in advance.
Ryan

mcgrupperton

the second solo is in D. I believe it's just a whole step bend from C to D. Try this, i hope it makes sense.7
                                                   (real fast)           (real fast)               (real fast)              (real fast)   
-20^(22) 20^(22)~~~20^(22)--17-20(h/o)17-------17--20(h/o)17-------17--20(h/o)17-------17--20^(22)--20^(22)~~
-------------------------------------------------------------------20---------------------- 20-----------------------20-----------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- h

a rolling half step bend from 19 to 20 is good to build up tension there too.

mcgrupperton

that was a mess to look at after posting. my apologies. just bend to the tonic from the 7th to hit the sweetness, no pinch harmonic is required.

Walker done done

Hey McGrupp, I "coded" the tab for you to clean it up.  next time you want to post tab, type it out, then highlight the entire tab, then click on the pound sign "#" which will code it for you like you see above.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

mcgrupperton

thank you for the tip Walker, I was wondering how to do that.