Phish 12-31-93

Started by mcgrupperton, May 15, 2009, 01:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgrupperton

I am curious at to your opinions on this show. I've always considered this the best phish show ever, past msg 95 and big cypress. I've lost the old maxell xlII's which had this gem on it and have been hard pressed to find it anywhere else. This is just my opinion of course, but the reba is unbelievable. There is a run in the antelope where trey is just going nuts and perfect climax. the hood climaxes twice, and at one point sounds almost like there is two treys. YEM-unbelievable, possum, even cracklin rosie. Lets not forget the llama opener. Peaches, arg tweezer is great too. I'm forgetting alot but..yea...worcester 93 is my fav. Comments on this show?

Poster

I dont think Id stretch to say it was the greatest show ever, but it was most certainly an excellent show. I would give it top 15 ever just for the Reba alone. Were you at Big Cypress? That was probably what Id regard as the "greatest show ever". I stood there 20 feet off the stage for hours and hours just drooling on myself it was so gnarly.

mcgrupperton

indeed i was. i was never so drained as after that. i remember thinking everyone should stay there and phish should be our house band for the rest of our lives. it took a while to adjust to the real world again after what was perhaps the best time i ever had...UNTIL SUMMER 09 YEAAAA!! hahaha. maybe.

I agree with the reba alone being a reason for top 15. then again, my opinion is a little biased towards that show because back in high school i remember riding my bike around with beer in my backpack to the forest to meet friends and i always had some set of 12/31/93 in my walkman for a long time. its engraved in my phish spawn.

if you think about it, the "best" show is highly speculative because people have different definitions of "best". Does it mean tightness, jams, epic 7 hour sets? to each his own for sure. 12/31/93 stands out to me because of treys playing. you know, when you're listenin and then trey does something completely absurd and your like no fucking way, or him and fish are completely syncopated and tearing it up and you think.. whaaat. and that shows is the definition of tension and release to my dense ears.

Stiles12

Great reba... My favorite reba is 2/1/91 alumni hall (I know mike fucks up at 6:35)... I don't know why, but I always consider this my favorite reba (again couldn't tell you why, maybe just the simplicity of the solo)... love this show (12/31/93) but I have been listening to 5/7/94 and I think this show is one of their best and in my opinion better than 12/31/93 my favorite show always changes but this show has stood the test of time... I love that loop trey does after makisupa, then into sweet emotion... the whole show is just fire
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Wolfe

Set your gearshift to the high gear of your soul!

strangedesign

12/31/1993
Worcester, MA
The Centrum

Source: SBD

http://www.mediafire.com/?mqyjjinjwfz
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmygzk5znlk

1: Llama, Guelah Papyrus, Stash, Ginseng Sullivan, Reba -> Peaches en Regalia, I Didn't Know, Run Like an Antelope*

2: Tweezer, Halley's Comet-> Poor Heart, It's Ice, Fee, Possum, Lawn Boy, You Enjoy Myself

3: Auld Lang Syne-> Down With Disease Jam#, Split Open and Melt, Lizards, Sparkle, Suzy Greenberg, HYHU-> Cracklin' Rosie-> HYHU, Harry Hood, Tweezer Reprise

E: Golgi Apparatus, Amazing Grace

*With Tom Marshall on vocals.
#Performed early so Mike could use the footage to make the video.  This wasn't really an official debut of "Down With Disease"; the song was not played. 04-04-94 Burlington is the real debut.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

picture_of_nectar

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

mcgrupperton

Many thanks. My quest is over!

mcgrupperton

gotta love when they double it up in antelope, perfect. trey shreddin that shite up gives chills.

Poster

mcgrupperton

sure is, can anyone oppose my claim... or just list another show where Trey hits more super high 24th fret E's and bends to F# than here?

Walker done done

Quote from: strangedesign on May 18, 2009, 12:00:35 PM
12/31/1993
Worcester, MA
The Centrum

Source: SBD

http://www.mediafire.com/?mqyjjinjwfz
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmygzk5znlk

1: Llama, Guelah Papyrus, Stash, Ginseng Sullivan, Reba -> Peaches en Regalia, I Didn't Know, Run Like an Antelope*

2: Tweezer, Halley's Comet-> Poor Heart, It's Ice, Fee, Possum, Lawn Boy, You Enjoy Myself

3: Auld Lang Syne-> Down With Disease Jam#, Split Open and Melt, Lizards, Sparkle, Suzy Greenberg, HYHU-> Cracklin' Rosie-> HYHU, Harry Hood, Tweezer Reprise

E: Golgi Apparatus, Amazing Grace

*With Tom Marshall on vocals.
#Performed early so Mike could use the footage to make the video.  This wasn't really an official debut of "Down With Disease"; the song was not played. 04-04-94 Burlington is the real debut.

So I tried to DL the file, well...I did DL it, but when it saved, it saved as: "1993-12-31__The_Centrum_part_1.rar" - what do I need to do to convert this type of file?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

mcgrupperton

you just need to d/l a .rar extractor. once extracted, you can save it right to your itunes/wmp..whichever your preference is. when i get home from work i'll post the link for the one i have, its free.

strangedesign

http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

once installed you will use it just like winzip. Right click on the .rar file and choose "extract here" or whatever folder you want to extract to.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

Thanks guys!

PS - the problem I just realized is that my "demo" copy of WinZip (which I got off of download.com) says it's "expired" and I need to purchase a copy for however much money that I don't want to spend. 

Surely there must be a way around this ticky-tac snafu?  :D
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.