Main Menu

my 2011 rig

Started by Poster, March 13, 2011, 11:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

Quote from: raisingfreen on July 20, 2011, 07:32:26 PM
Just a note that there is a guy over at RuKind that is trying to sell knockoff Waldo TPC1~Tiger Preamp Clone's and getting a similar blasting (ie; Neil Schulman). Seems the guy made friends with Waldo, got a hold of the buffer, the exact parts used etc.. and then tried to sell his copy to the same customer base. Apparently he also had numerous identities on the same forum allowing him to gather the information, act like various different people etc... and go unnoticed till recently.

Just in case this type of thing starts happening here, does StrangeDesign offer any kind of LifeLock identity protection? I don't want my karma score to be compromised due to this raging epidemic....
First of all Iam not selling knock off languedocs, AOs, equators, or anything like that to anybody ever. Nor do I build guitars myself, beyond garage make overs. The main guitar my new startup is doing is a 24 fret Showmaster type super strat. Like I have said over and over, there are alot of prototypes floating around. We are also doing some huge 335 type Jazz guitars, Hollow dual f hole telecasters with 24 frets. All of them use the same hardware though, which is entirely different from any guitar Ive have ever played or owned. Walker went onto my Facebook page, and just plopped a picture of that walnut guitar on here. The only times I changed user names was 2 times from Posternutbag to Ole Whiskey Calhoone (which was a reference to a cd i just finished), and then back to abbreviated nutbag "Poster".

Poster

And ironically, I bought (that is i ordered with boss money) a couple Wald Buffers from Mike to go in some of these guitars. So um yeah, we arent knocking off shit. In fact, all the components are super expensive. Lucky for me, it isnt any of my money. Really, Iam getting gooned on for absolutely no good reason. Hell I thought it was cool that when asked what kinda hollowbody guitars I think would be interesting to explore, I immediately said small hollowbody. Nobody gets it.

phishlips

what do ya say you post some pic of these guitars your talking about Poster?  are they ready to at least see em or still need some finishing touches?  the bickering is fun to read by guitars would be cooler to look at...

maybe start a new thread with some pics if you can.
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

raisingfreen

I think this thread topic needs a iso buffer, a bypass switch and carbon comp resister thingamabob.

Thanks god everyone has been "keepin it real".

AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

raisingfreen

QuoteIam out! Peace< And I mean that

BTW, before any posts get removed/deleted for any silly reason can someone put together a best of Poster Calhoone collection in case they go missing. It would be a damn shame to have all those memories and insights be lost forever.

Seriously though Poster I hope you don't split on us. It would not be the same without you.

Happyorange27

Quote from: raisingfreen on July 20, 2011, 09:07:03 PM
I think this thread topic needs a iso buffer, a bypass switch and carbon comp resister thingamabob.

Thanks god everyone has been "keepin it real".

Funny as hell!
I really like some of you guys. You make me laugh and there is a reason why your karma is on the up. I studied this forum for a while Before joining and most of the posts that intrigued me were by poster. If anyone is rubbed the wrong way by him, that's sad; you should have figured him out ahead of time. He always keeps it real. This site is going to be missing a shitload if great information after the mass deleting of his posts. Luckily I back up the site weekly haha:)
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Poster

Quote from: phishlips on July 20, 2011, 08:49:51 PM
what do ya say you post some pic of these guitars your talking about Poster?  are they ready to at least see em or still need some finishing touches?  the bickering is fun to read by guitars would be cooler to look at...

maybe start a new thread with some pics if you can.

Sorry bud, got a bunch of prototypes. The really dope rare wood exotic stuff, with all the improvements are about a month or so away (from when the the first ones are slated to be finished- wont really know how close things are to launch until I get to go over them, and trust me, iam not easy to please). My luthier just hired a helper so things are going much faster now. Alot of the first run stuff is pretty cool, but with a couple of little wonky problems, some didnt even get all the way put together. Irregardless, of the ones that do end up in my hands (prototypes that is) I was going to happily ship them out to friends to keep and play with. Who better to tell me what needs to be fixed than some of my tone fellow tone bones. Its cool. Some of you will get something interesting in the mail this Christmas. The others, you know who you are, well you can keep on trying to figure out how to blow yourself.

raisingfreen

QuoteSome of you will get something interesting in the mail this Christmas. The others, you know who you are, well you can keep on trying to figure out how to blow yourself.

With all of the latest firmware available today there is virtually no need to blow ones self any more.

Poster

Quote from: raisingfreen on July 20, 2011, 11:07:03 PM
QuoteSome of you will get something interesting in the mail this Christmas. The others, you know who you are, well you can keep on trying to figure out how to blow yourself.

With all of the latest firmware available today there is virtually no need to blow ones self any more.

That was LOL! Thanks man

IamWILSON

there is a secret, stink/light proof Egyptian glass nuggle jar in there just for you

I think we all need to dip into our jar and pack, puff, puff, pass, repeat.  Until we're all irie as phuck and come back in here and laugh a little. 

Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

patrickstefanski

Quote from: raisingfreen on July 20, 2011, 07:11:38 PM
In his (poster or whoever his is today) defense the headstock on his old AO was obviously a request by him to Andrew to make it a little more Lanquedoc like. So if he is coping anybody it's actually Lanquedoc (headstock wise) and not AO guitars. Those who know Andrew's designs know that style of headstock is more of a request and not his usual flavor. I know this as I have asked Andrew to do something similar even though his headstock designs are very classic and styled in their own right.

I have to disagree with this. I'm not sure of the genesis of the headstock in question, but even if it was a flat out "make the headstock look more like languedoc's" request, Andrew still totally made the shape his own.  I know for a fact Andrew is going to continue to use that shape on future guitars, and he wouldn't do that with a "knock off".  It's a great design inspired by a great design.   That's been the progression of design across all mediums since forever.

We all love Languedoc's body shape, would you call it a knock off of the starcaster?

No, he took the essence of the shape and made it his own.  I think the same thing is happening with the AO headstock.

And Poster, why tuck tail and run as soon as someone ask you a question you don't like? That's pretty lame.

Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

raisingfreen

QuoteNo, he took the essence of the shape and made it his own.  I think the same thing is happening with the AO headstock.

Patrick, I agree that Andrew made the headstock his own in the fashion you describe. Let's forget the Lanquedoc reference entirely then as in this case it is a "progression of design". Does the headstock in question bear a striking resemblance to AO's inspired design? As well as the horns? Or is it a "progression of design".

All that aside I don't think the rest of the guitar resembles and AO at all however.
It's more like the face and tits of a hot girl (headstock down) but gave her a budunkadunk or seriously thick curves on the bottom side.

I'll say no more however as I don't want a lump of coal for Christmas.

Poster

And Poster, why tuck tail and run as soon as someone ask you a question you don't like? That's pretty lame.

[/quote]

Actually nobody has tuck tail and run. This forum has no means to block users or Id probably hangout more. Been on alot recently so that I may delete all of my old posts in the Treys Rig section, my rig, and gen discussion sections as best as I could. My problem is with Walker being a dick head, having the couple of you come in this thread and call me names like "sociopath, lame, asshole, butthole, etc" didnt really inspire me to stop removing my old advice from the forum? If you think about it, now you guys are the ones with all the posts?

As for languedoc like head stocks, look at equator, he was doing a similar thing years before ao? Same with Bunker guitars, and handful of other luthiers that do languedoc inspired guitars. A whole lot of people make guitars just like that, and all have a variation on pauls headstock... Lots of people make guitars that are similar to the doc because it is that awesome, just like a stratocaster.

Walker done done

^ this coming from a guy who felt the need to pad his own posts by ripping off my tab and reposting them as his own.  Remember getting called out on that? 

This coming from a guy who padded posts to make himself a "legend" by posting YouTube clips ad nauseum.  = fodder.

This coming from a guy who has too much time on his hands and needs to whine about it publicly. 

Truly, truly inspiring stuff there.  Dude, you are a piece. of. work.

Dick head, eh?  Kettle, meet pot.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

fulltone1989

Quote from: Walker done done on July 21, 2011, 03:33:29 PM
^ this coming from a guy who felt the need to pad his own posts by ripping off my tab and reposting them as his own.  Remember getting called out on that? 

This coming from a guy who padded posts to make himself a "legend" by posting YouTube clips ad nauseum.  = fodder.

This coming from a guy who has too much time on his hands and needs to whine about it publicly. 

Truly, truly inspiring stuff there.  Dude, you are a piece. of. work.

Dick head, eh?  Kettle, meet pot.

This sounds about right.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.