More History of Languedoc

Started by rmolsonguitars, March 25, 2014, 03:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

Its insane to me that this dude would come here, of all places in the entire fucking world, and see what happens. LOL Thanks! If this is TL/DR my opinion is

A) Its okay for small American luthiers to build tribute guitars, with obvious changes to the original designs.

B) Its not okay to order shitty guitars off the internet from China and act like your some sort of Bendetto luthier of the blue collar guitarists. Your just an asshole.

Heady Jam Fan

Thanks for clearing up why you were talking about the headstock being the only thing that was "Languedoc."

I think your digging yourself in a bigger ditch. Man up and admit you got busted cloning someone else's work dude.
You know, I had considered trying out one of your guitars as a backup/knock-around (for a couple hundred $), now I wouldn't pay you in used strings.

How long did it take you to believe your own story?
Your still stating moot points to rationalize stealing Paul's work. Who cares someone had you clone an Equator - thats a clone of Languedoc and just because David from Equator isn't hassling you doesn't make it any better than cloning the Languedoc directly! After that you clearly just jumped on the opportunity to make more profits cloning Languedocs:
- You stole the Languedoc nickname "Doc" and used it in your clone: Ollandoc (sounds an aweful lot like Occedoc).
- Your headstock is now almost exactly the same as Paul's! If that is a key issue to Paul and his lawyer, show some f'in creativity and make your own! If you have to draw-up visual diagrams how the slight differences between yours and Paul's, then your just showing that you stole Paul's.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Poster on March 26, 2014, 01:13:21 PM
Its insane to me that this dude would come here, of all places in the entire fucking world, and see what happens. LOL Thanks! If this is TL/DR my opinion is

A) Its okay for small American luthiers to build tribute guitars, with obvious changes to the original designs.

B) Its not okay to order shitty guitars off the internet from China and act like your some sort of Bendetto luthier of the blue collar guitarists. Your just an asshole.

Yeah! I can't wrap my mind around how he could think thats a good idea! He really f'in believes himself!

Ollson - your guitar looks like a Doc more than a Starcaster:
- Headstock
- "Horns"
- Contour of the top
- Bridge/Tailpeice
- Knobs/layout
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Happyorange27

Oh fuck, this is the best thread I've read in a long while.  Fucking wonderful.  Poster you always have a way with words my friend. 
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

express50express

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on March 26, 2014, 01:45:18 PM

Yeah! I can't wrap my mind around how he could think thats a good idea! He really f'in believes himself!

- Headstock
- "Horns"
- Contour of the top
- Bridge/Tailpeice
- Knobs/layout

Don't forget to mention that the Ollson plays and sounds like shit.

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: express50express on March 26, 2014, 03:29:35 PM
Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on March 26, 2014, 01:45:18 PM

- Headstock
- "Horns"
- Contour of the top
- Bridge/Tailpeice
- Knobs/layout

Don't forget to mention that the Ollson plays and sounds like shit.

Thats a good argument for RM: "My guitars aren't clones because they're suuuuper shitty"

express50express

All that paint and gloss is to hide how shitty the body is. Strip it all down to the wood, and it may have a chance of sounding better.

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: express50express on March 26, 2014, 03:33:47 PM
All that paint and gloss is to hide how shitty the body is. Strip it all down to the wood, and it may have a chance of sounding better.

Yeah, when I built guitars, I just used Tung Oil. The first Ollson guitar looks like he repurposed the wood from a picnic table.

Buffered

I still can't wrap my head around why he thought coming here to push said wares would be a good idea.
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Poster

but the harness was done in the USA by the Cody Mullet Custom Shop! lol so lame. There is hate built into each one of those guitars. Just because those people get paid a dollar a day to build your plastic guitars doesnt mean we should be happy about it. Tesla! Tesla! Tesla! Sic Semper Tyrannis!

express50express

If I buy one, will you toss in a free Chinese Rolex.

TheSeeker

Ok, I tried to stay away but I just can't help myself.  I admit that I bought one of his guitars about a year ago, and it was the biggest piece of dogshit I ever saw.  There was a huge scratch on the fretboard, the fret wire cut my hand, the body was chipped all to hell, the binding was coming off, and don't even get me started on the tailpiece....basically everything about it sucked balls!  Anyway, most people copy each other in one way or another...hell, half of us have the same exact gear Trey uses....myself included :)  However, I copy Gilmour now...haha.  The difference between us and you, is that we have the balls to admit it.  I don't think anyone here would deny trying to cop Treys tone at some point...and why not, it's a wonderful tone!  Anyway, don't come back here Mr. Slave laborer.....nobody here wants your garbage.  This is the worst place you could've come...didn't anybody ever warn you about the Phish community?  We're all hopped up on that reefer, and we are fuckin CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! 
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

Stecks

This thread is heavy on LOLZ upon LOLZ

Good work, Strange Designers
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

IamWILSON

Quote from: Happyorange27 on March 26, 2014, 02:40:04 PM
Oh fuck, this is the best thread I've read in a long while.  Fucking wonderful.  Poster you always have a way with words my friend. 

Couldn't have said it any better... God that guys guitars look terrible!  How delusional is he to come air his dirty laundry here and actually think that his cry for help would be met with support?  And sadly enough, I don't doubt that half of his thought process of making a post here, was so he will take some more money from hard working Americans so he can support his drug habit while boosting the Chinese economy instead of our own.... Facking P.O.S!
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

rmolsonguitars

Quote from: TheSeeker on March 26, 2014, 06:16:06 PM
Ok, I tried to stay away but I just can't help myself.  I admit that I bought one of his guitars about a year ago, and it was the biggest piece of dogshit I ever saw.  There was a huge scratch on the fretboard, the fret wire cut my hand, the body was chipped all to hell, the binding was coming off, and don't even get me started on the tailpiece....basically everything about it sucked balls!  Anyway, most people copy each other in one way or another...hell, half of us have the same exact gear Trey uses....myself included :)  However, I copy Gilmour now...haha.  The difference between us and you, is that we have the balls to admit it.  I don't think anyone here would deny trying to cop Treys tone at some point...and why not, it's a wonderful tone!  Anyway, don't come back here Mr. Slave laborer.....nobody here wants your garbage.  This is the worst place you could've come...didn't anybody ever warn you about the Phish community?  We're all hopped up on that reefer, and we are fuckin CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! 

Its been the Phish community that has supported my business for the last few years and still do to this day that includes people from this forum...to them I say thank you.  What do you think of those good people?

To all of you who feel the need to put me down,  I wish  the best for you and your families. I hope for you the best in health, happiness and success.
Do on to others as you would have them do on to you is a great motto... worth much more than a mouthful poor language.  My success comes from wanting others to succeed and helping others when I can.

Some of you seem to believe that no one in Asia can build anything of quality but that is a silly notion. The guitars made cheaply in Asian countries were order  that way by American businessmen.  They ask for the guitars to be made as cheaply as possible to make more off their investment. My Ollandocs are made with a two piece mahogany body routed to full hollow and have a carved maple cap. I don't do things cheaply.

One great thing about living here in the USA is that we can all agree to disagree. If you think my guitars are ugly, more power to you... but  the thousands of people who have bought my guitars over the last few years and think their great... more power to them too. 

One guy told me that people must like my guitars because he said he searched the internet to find used ones and they were almost impossible to find.  It doesn't matter if you personally do not like my guitars because there are plenty others that do. Some people have bought as many as six to 10 of my guitars.

For you who say I am supporting China instead of America,  first, you should have thought of that long ago and call your Congressman rather than talking about it on a forum.  Second, I am 100% sure that if we all took a tour of your home and threw out everything that wasn't made in the USA, you would not have much left in your house. 

Again, I would like to extend my thanks once again to all those wonderful people in the Phish community who have supported my efforts.
R M Olson Guitars
Ollandoc Guitars
All Types of Hollow & Semi-hollow Guitar Kits
www.rmolsonguitars.com