Rig of the amateur: happyorange

Started by Happyorange27, September 12, 2010, 07:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picture_of_nectar

Happy for you Happyorange, I think you made a really good decision purchasing that guitar used. She looks like a real quality piece, and it sounds really nice through your Jr. With the next vid you should shoot some close ups for us.

Welcome to the world of organic sustain!
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

manicstarseed

Nice sound. I need me a hollow body. Your playing is tasteful and varied.
Love the backing track. How do you do that?

Incoming Kid for a finisher... Over the top. I loved it.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

Happyorange27

Thanks Manic. The backing track is just a crappy keyboard that has built in rhythm function. It can play simple jam progressions to any key I set as tonic. I also try to play backing tracks from iPhone apps through the PA.
My two boys are always in the mix down in the man cave. :)
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

IamWILSON

Holy Happyorange amateur rig/professional guitar sustain and feedback!!!  Seeing that video you just posted really makes me even more impatient in my wait on my AO guitar.   
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

jadirusso

Nice clip Orange.. not too much longer and I'll be making my own AO howl. Can't wait.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

Happyorange27

Joe and Wilson, I'm pretty excited for you both.  I'll be glad to see you guys tearing it up, hopefully very soon.

FYI dudes that was the silver screamer on 12 volts. 

Happyorange27

Last night I added 2 mods to the Blues Jr.

1. Sparkle control.  This adds a high end tone cap and pot to reduce the highest frequencies.  The BJ III is the worst culprit and needs it.  With this control you can go from zero to "more" reduction than all of the BJ's.  Good thing to have especially if those ultra highs bother you.

2. Preamp plate voltage increase.  By just swapping out some resistors, you can bring the BJ voltages up, closer to a Fender Blackface circuit. This allows for more headroom as well.

I get to actually crank it up tonight so we will see how much better things are.  I'm really happy with my amp.  It just keeps elevating.  I don't care that it's just a BJ and it's a pcb board; I'm using it as my proving grounds and R&D amp.  After studying a Deluxe Reverb blackface circuit and comparing it to the BJ circuit, I can now identify all the components I want to change.  This lets me get close to a blackface with some simple changes.

The next step will be to actually build a point to point DR.  It will happen eventually, but I'm enjoying the journey.

Happyorange27

Happyorange27

Poster

Walker done done

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Happyorange27

Made this audio for Joe then decided to put it on YouTube with some picks of the A.O.
http://youtu.be/oZm8RwOmc0s

Poster

Still think having a copper box or something for those toggles would be nice for practical stuff, and do you use a 10inch speaker or a 12?

Happyorange27

I used a 12.  Tell me more about this copper box for toggles.  I'm clueless.

Sidenote: just bought an older cmatmods 2 knob compressor for $60 to hold me over till I get my Tight Squeeze/Bone Squeeze.  8)